Would you like to become part of the team at Alpha? Here are some suggestions
Opportunities for you to get involved at Alpha.
Fill one of our four volunteer positions:
Client Advocate:(male and female)
- Commit to 3 hours a week at Alpha.
- Attend a 4 week training course and at least two continuing education training per year.
- Meet one-on-one with up to three clients per shift, listening to their needs/problems, and talk about parenting strategies.
- Mentor/counsel clients by becoming a trustworthy place for them to share their feelings.
- Assist clients through the Earn While You Learn Parenting Program so they can earn Alpha Bucks and use them in our store.
Client Advocate Assistant:
- Assists client advocates as they work with clients that come into Alpha requesting help with diapers, baby and maternity clothing, and other related items.
- Assisting clients as they shop for baby items by holding babies, entertaining toddlers, checking sorting room for items needed.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments for clients before they leave.
- Occasionally carrying children or items out to vehicles.
- Sort donations based on condition, size, gender, and style.
- Organize donations by hanging them on hangers.
- Bundle diapers based on size in groups of twelve for clients.
- Bundle wipes in separate bags to go along with the diapers.
- Restock the shelves of our store.
- Answering phone calls and giving callers information about Alpha, scheduling/rescheduling appointments, and listening to client’s needs.
- Make copies of homework, worksheets, intake forms, and others
- Accept donations when one comes in, write the donor a receipt, and record it in our record book.
- Various other clerical duties, such as assisting with bulk mailings, shredding inactive files.
Other Ways You Can Help Alpha:
- Pray for Alpha's clients, volunteers, the board of directors and staff.
- Serve as an Alpha Ambassador to your church.
- Sanctity of Human Life Focus.
- Participate in Life Walk Annual Fundraiser.
- Participate in Haymarsh's " Shoot for Life" Clay Pigeon Shoot Benefit.
- Participate in Baby Bottle Blessing Campaign.
- Host a pop can drive.
- Host a garage sale.
- Host a car wash.
- Host a ball tournament.
- Have a business participate in a Donate a Dollar Drive.
- Host a diaper/formula/baby food drive or baby shower.Become a monthly financial donor.
- Donate new or gently used baby and maternity items.
- Underwrite events.
- Donate fundraiser door prizes.