Would you like to become part of the team at Assure Women's Center? Here are some suggestions
Opportunities for you to get involved at Assure.
Fill one of our four volunteer positions:
Client Advocate:(male and female)
- Commit to 3 hours a week at Assure.
- Attend a 4 week training course and at least two continuing education training per year.
- Meet one-on-one with up to three clients per shift, listening to their needs/problems, and talk about parenting strategies.
- Mentor/counsel clients by becoming a trustworthy place for them to share their feelings.
- Assist clients through the Earn While You Learn Parenting Program so they can earn Alpha Bucks and use them in our store.
Client Advocate Assistant:
- Assists client advocates as they work with clients that come into Assure requesting help with diapers, baby and maternity clothing, and other related items.
- Assisting clients as they shop for baby items by holding babies, entertaining toddlers, checking sorting room for items needed.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments for clients before they leave.
- Occasionally carrying children or items out to vehicles.
- Sort donations based on condition, size, gender, and style.
- Organize donations by hanging them on hangers.
- Bundle diapers based on size in groups of twelve for clients.
- Bundle wipes in separate bags to go along with the diapers.
- Restock the shelves of our store.
Other Ways You Can Help Assure:
- Pray for Assure's clients, volunteers, the board of directors and staff.
- Serve as an Assure Ambassador to your church.
- Sanctity of Human Life Focus.
- Participate in our 2023 LifeWalk Fundraiser.
- Participate in our 2023 Baby Bottle Blessing Campaign.
- Host a pop can drive.
- Host a garage sale.
- Host a car wash.
- Host a ball tournament.
- Have a business participate in a Donate a Dollar Drive.
- Host a diaper/formula/baby food drive or baby shower.
- Become a monthly financial donor.
- Donate new or gently used baby and maternity items.
- Underwrite events.
- Donate fundraiser door prizes.